About The Foundation
The BADHTE KADAM TRUST (BKT) was set up on February 25, 2014, to realize the vision of Ms AARFA KHANAM ( Founder BKT). Ms. KHANAM dreamt of a modern India, secular, and progressive; a country that enshrines the democratic principle of equality and blends progress with rich cultural traditions. He imagined a country with an educated people free of prejudice; where women participate as equals; a nation with the space and will to empower all citizens, and especially the underprivileged.
From 2014 to 2017, the Trust worked on a number of critical issues, including health, literacy, women’s and children’s development, disability support. In 2018, the Trust decided to focus on education going forward. In addition, the Trust has been continuing key flagship programmes which includes running of Schools in slam areas.
The Trust is chaired by Ms. AARFA KHANAM. The other trustees include Mr. MUZAKKIR ZAMA KHAN, Ms. SHAHEEN KHAN, Mr. ASIF ANIS.
OUR STORY -
- Badhte Kadam Trust formed on 25th February 2014.
- Five key areas of work decided:
- Literacy and Awareness
- Promotion of Government Schemes for needy.
- Empowerment of the Women and Childrens.
- Free Legal Aid To Poors.
- Distribution of Food and Cloths to the needy.
- Office set up at Shaheen Bagh, New Delhi.
- Started a School at slum area of Sharam Vihar on 1st March. 2014.
- One-day Legal Camp organized at Okhla, New Delhi with the help of Lawyers of Delhi High Court on 06.04.2014.
- On 28th Sep. 2014, distributed grocery items (1kg Salt, 2kg Aata, & 1kg Potato per family ) at slum area of Sharam Vihar, New Delhi.
- On 8th February 2015 - 15th March 2015, organized a yoga camp for women. In large numbers of women participated and learn yoga and its benefits.
- Cultural and awareness programmes: Two music festivals organised in shram vihar Delhi in 2015
- One-day Legal Camp organized at Sangam Vihar, New Delhi with the help of Lawyers of Delhi High Court on 06.12.2015.
- Started Roti Bank and Kapda Bank in New Delhi to feed the hungry and provide cloths to the clothless on 26th January 2016.
- Started a School at slum area of Dhobi Ghat to Educate the childrens of slum areas on 2017.
- Cultural and awareness programmes: Two Dance, music festivals organised in Dhobi Ghat in 2017.
- One-day Legal Camp organized at Shaheen Bagh,Okhla New Delhi with the help of Lawyers of Delhi High Court on 2017.
Meet the Team
A mix of experience and youth, our team shares a sense of community and works in an environment that values hard work and innovation.
Mr. M.Z.Khan is a social activist and Lawyer at High Court of Delhi.
Ms. Shaheen Khan is a Social Activist and Secretary of Badhte Kadam .
MD ASIF ANSARI
Mr. Ansari is a Proprietor and social activist at New Delhi.
Volunteering with the BADHTE KADAM team has been a great way to learn more about the incredible work that the youngsters are doing every day. It is a wonderful way to stay connected to social justice issues and learn about cutting-edge social and environmental activism.